Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:00 AM PST / 2:00 PM EST
Ruby on Rails with a single MySQL server is one of the fastest ways to create and deploy a world-class web app. Scaling that application is another story. Since you can add web capacity easily, the ability to scale a modern Ruby on Rails application rests solely upon the scalability of the database.
Single instance, scale-up databases simply don’t make sense in a Web 2.0 world. And non-relational databases require you to sacrifice too much – transactional integrity, consistency, durability, and security.
In this webinar, learn the results of a benchmark that compared the performance of Ruby on Rails using MySQL, and Clustrix, a scale-out SQL database engineered for the cloud.
Some items covered will include:
- How database performance (measured as transactions per second) is impacted by increasing concurrency (measured by total threads)
- How to quickly and easily achieve breakthrough scalability for Ruby with MySQL
- How to reduce the costs associated with scaling Rails
- How to retain all the powerful functionality of Rails, even while scaling linearly
- As a special bonus, all webinar attendees will receive the whitepaper, “Ruby on Rails Database Benchmark.”
Robert Taylor, Strategic Technical Account Manager, Blue Box Group
Robert Taylor has spent many years in the tech industry in positions ranging from Lead Developer to Sr. Systems Engineer to Lead Platform Architect. Communicating technical expertise to serve customers is his passion.
Clayton Cole, Applications Engineer, Clustrix, Inc.
Clayton strives to understand and address the challenges customers face as they transition their unique environments over to using a scalable Clustrix database solution. For several months he worked to benchmark the performance of both Clustrix and MySQL using Ruby on Rails.