In this webinar, Robbie Mihayli, VP of Engineering at Clustrix explores how to set up a SQL RDBMS architecture that scales out and is both elastic and consistent, while simultaneously delivering fault tolerance and ACID compliance.
He also covers how data gets distributed in this architecture, how the query processor works, how rebalancing happens and other architectural elements. Examples cited include cloud deployments and e-commerce use-cases.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Five RDBMS scaling strategies along with their trade offs
- The importance of having no single point of failure for OLTP (fault tolerance)
- The vagaries of the cloud and how it impacts using an RDBMS in the cloud
Who should watch?
- People interested in high performance, real-time database solutions
- Companies who have MySQL in their infrastructure and are concerned that their growth will soon overwhelm MySQL’s single-box design
- DBA’s who implement ‘read slaves’, ‘multiple-masters’ and ‘sharding’ for MySQL databases and want to learn about better ways to scale
Prior to Clustrix, Robbie was the founder and CTO of Thynkster. Robbie also worked in vice president roles at marketing software companies Marketo and MarketLive. At both companies, he implemented agile processes and practices, significantly improving concept-to-market deployment. In addition, Robbie served 10 years as the key engineer on the database engine at Sybase, later becoming the director of SQL server. Later, he led the performance effort for the RDBMS system posting record-breaking benchmarks and leading the scalability re-architecture of the core database engine.