San Francisco - Aug 28, 2015 - Clustrix, provider of the first scale-out database designed to meet the needs of large, fast-growing e-commerce sites and other big Web- and cloud-based applications, today announced its participation in a panel hosted by Indaba Group, strategic ecommerce partner specializing in Magento enterprise and e-commerce site development, creative services and customer experience management, titled “Is Your Site Ready for the Holidays?” The panel will discuss the issues Magento merchants face in preparing for the significant surge in visitors and transactions expected over the holiday shopping season.
Online holiday spending increased 13.9 percent in 2014, according to IBM, and analysts are predicting similar growth rates for 2015. Attendees will learn the facets of delivering an exceptional customer experience under the duress of this high-traffic period, so that their companies fully capitalize on the year’s most lucrative revenue opportunity. Clustrix will address how merchants running Magento applications make certain that their websites scale to meet growing demand without any site downtime or decrease in transaction speed or site performance.
“Is Your Site Ready for the Holidays?” panelists will discuss how to:
- Scale online stores to anticipate and plan for massive traffic spikes
- Secure websites and customer data
- Structure websites for more efficient load times and navigation
- Optimize for mobile traffic and sales
- Use retargeting and marketing automation to stay top of mind across digital assets
- Measure success and analyze data for ongoing improvements
Jesse Bornfreund, director of channel development at Clustrix, will be joined by the following experts from online retail leaders:
- Ryan Shields, CEO at Indaba Group
- Ken Carter, strategic partnership manager at cloud hosting provider Hostway
- Ryan Hofman, chief brand strategist at digital marketing firm Listrak
- David Ames, director of partnerships for North America at e-commerce payment services company Klarna
- Buk Kapadia-Jackson, Magento strategic alliance manager at cloud-based sales tax and compliance systems provider Avalara
ClustrixDB relational database uniquely meets the growth, performance and availability requirements of today’s online retailers. With ClustrixDB, companies have the option to “Flex” and add servers to meet the temporary surge in demand that comes with the end-of-year gift-giving season, then “Flex” back down when traffic rates return to normal. Merchants thereby pay only for resources they need when they need them without being stuck with unused capacity the rest of the year.
Date, location and time information for the “Is Your Site Ready for the Holidays?” is as follows:
The Garage at The San Pedro Square Market
170 W. St. John Street
San Jose, CA 95110
Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. PT
Registration for the event is currently open.